Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day 6: Summer/Heather

My original idea for today was to set up my hammock in the backyard with a book, hat, sunglasses and a bottle of iced tea. Then the other day I got another idea and knew I really wanted to use it, but had no control over being able to. At 7:00, I gave up and started getting everything together for my original idea and was in the garage when I heard the sound I had been waiting for: the ice cream truck. I had already set the camera on the table with a $5 bill in the camera bag so I could get myself a Choco Taco if he had one.

I raced back into the house, grabbed the camera and got outside just as he was starting to pass my neighbor's house. I told him I was in a photo contest and asked if I could take a picture of his truck. He was a good sport about it (and had Choco Tacos, yea!)-even suggesting pictures for me to take and giving me his card in case I got any good ones. A family from down the street was also appreciative as my stalling the driver gave them the chance to get some cold treats too. While not the most "fun" of the batch, below is my favorite:

f9, Exp 1/500, ISO 200, 18mm

1 comment:

  1. That's great! I love both your original idea and this. The ice cream man is certainly indicative of summer!

    ReplyDelete