Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day 13: Shadowy Silhouettes/Heather

The first part of today's challenge for me was figuring out what exactly "shadowy silhouettes" even means. I decided that to me, it means something that has a shadow so clear you can tell what the object giving off the shadow is. I have spent the last several days looking at things I pass by for something to fit this description. It is amazing how many things give off boxy, non-descript shadows!

The second challenge for me is that it has been cloudy most of the day today, which meant no shadows. Fortunately, it cleared up enough this afternoon that I was able to go out and take some pictures. I'm not happy with most of them-and I went out twice. I narrowed it down to two and ultimately decided to go with this one:

f8, Exp. 1/400, ISO 200, 18 mm

1 comment:

  1. I like the shadow of this plant - makes me want to go create a card with something like that.

    ReplyDelete