Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 17: Antique/Heather

Part of the reason Selina suggested "antique" for today was my plans included attending a vintage baseball game using the rules from 1860. While I did get some good pictures of some of the players in their Civil War era uniforms, as well as a couple of shots of the bell they had to ring after crossing home plate, I could not authenticate them as actual antiques.

One of my (currently neglected) hobbies is genealogy. After my grandmother passed away in March of 2007, we had an estate sale. I was pleased to find Grandma had several items engraved with my great-great-grandfather's initials and/or name. As I am now officially the family historian, my aunt sent these items home with me. We were told (by a very persistent shopper) the item below is an old ink blotter set. The little jars are made out of glass and while it did not show up in the picture, this piece is engraved with his name and "August 1916."

f3.8, Exp. 1/30, ISO 1600, 22mm

1 comment: