Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day 3 - History/Selina

Today's challenge led me to explore parts of Spokane.  I knew what I wanted, but had a tough time capturing it.  I came home not happy with the pics I took the first time around and headed out again, bribing Jeff to go with my by offering dinner (and a beer).  This picture is the best I could come up with.

F/10, Exp. 1/200, ISO 1600, 95mm
(The Spokane County Courthouse built in 1894-1895 by David Fotheringham. The dry-pressed brick used for the building was the first to be produced in the area; previously such brick had to be shipped from the East Coast. The building has housed Spokane County government since 1895.)

I love being able to play with the settings on my camera.  I can't wait to learn more!

1 comment:

  1. ooohh--I LOVE it! I love how the trim really seems to "pop." Great shot!! :)

    ReplyDelete