Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 5: Books/Heather

This could have been so easy for me. I love to read and have several authors I collect. I very easily could have just walked into my office, picked up the camera, turned around and shot any one of my bookcases. But where's the fun in that?

I'm not sure how my mind made the leap to the phone book. Or rather, phone books. As a child, I lived in a small town in which the entire phone book was 1/4"-if that. When I moved here in 1996, I was amazed that there were two thick volumes for just the white pages! Now I get white pages and yellow pages in varying sizes. Every time I come home and see one on the doorstep, I think "How many phone books does one person really need?" I then use the little code number on the spine to see which book it replaces and toss the old version in the recycling bin.

For today's photo, I decided to take my phone books outside and make a trail of them leading to the recycling bin. (In the process, I discovered 3 (of the 7) were outdated so now I'm down to only four books). I took some standing and some sitting on the driveway. This is one of the shots I took sitting:

f10, Exp: 1/400, ISO 200, 18mm

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I laughed when I saw phone books - I never even thought of something other than a regular book. Great idea! I wouldn't have a clue where my phone books are - we toss them and find what we need online. ;)

    ReplyDelete