Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 23: Music/Heather

Portrait, f4.5, Exp. 1/30, ISO 280, 52mm


This evening I attended an outdoor showing of "Ferris Bueller's Day Off," which was the first movie in this summer's "Flicks on the Bricks" series held each summer in Portland's Pioneer Courthouse Square. This is a popular event and the Square fills up long before the movie starts, so I wanted to get there early. This week's pre-movie entertainment was a rock duo so I figured all I needed to do was get close enough to get a picture of them. I was thinking about this as I was walking to the Square and realized I heard music. I turned around and was able to get this shot of a street performer, which turned out better than the shots I took of the duo.

1 comment:

  1. I love this shot - how cool! I love that you can see his hands were playing at that time and the sense that he was happy doing what he was doing.

    Yes, I did try to get a shot of Morgan playing his viola, but I couldn't get a good shot of him actually playing it; he actually is in this picture, but you can't see his hands at this time.

    ReplyDelete