Monday, September 6, 2010

Day 68: Fountain/Heather

There are a ton of fountains in Portland. I probably could have spent hours walking around taking photographs of them all. But I have a hectic couple of weeks coming up and wanted to spend time today just relaxing. So I decided to shoot a fountain closer to home.

There is a popular walking trail along the Columbia River on the Vancouver side. I knew this water fountain was there from when I used that trail to try to take my horizon photo. (I actually got a really cool shot of the fountain that day). I decided to take Sammy with me. Charlie got to go on a lot of "bye byes in the car" when he was sick in July and Sammy didn't get to go. I decided he needed a "bye bye" of his own. I also joined a Meetup group for single dog lovers and wanted to get him out with people as I am considering taking him to an event on Friday.

I had a hard time deciding on my picture for today. I have several that show more of the fountain, but chose this one because I managed to press the button to turn on the flow of water, not get my finger in the shot, take the shot with one hand, keep hold of Sammy and have the shot turn out.

f8, Exp. 1/60, 18mm

No comments:

Post a Comment