Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day 64: Back to School/Heather

I volunteer for an organization that operates a free school supply store for Portland Public teachers. During the summer, they hold several supply drives to prepare for the upcoming school year. For the past couple of summers, I have had my own supply drive, picking up an item or two here and there when I go grocery shopping. So I have a box of supplies I was planning to use for this theme.

It just so happened that this theme fell on the same day the Oregon Symphony was having a free concert in the park and offered to do a supply drive for Schoolhouse Supplies. I agreed to man one of the stations. I took my camera with me and ended up taking a bunch of shots of one of my nearly full collections barrels. I had just put the camera away when a man came up with his two kids and had them each put an item in the barrel. The way the little boy so carefully laid his donation of a set of paints in the barrel so was cute I had to take a couple more pictures.

f5, Exp. 1/60, 70mm

No comments:

Post a Comment