Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day 67: Breakfast/Heather

We had to do some shuffling for today because boats just wasn't going to work. I was planning to go out to breakfast with my Meetup group tomorrow so I suggested we move fountain to today and do breakfast tomorrow. It worked better for Selina to leave fountain for tomorrow and do breakfast today. So I texted one of my friends last night to see if she would meet me for brunch today at a little place in SE Portland called Slappy Cakes.

Slappy Cakes is awesome. They have little grills at the tables were you can make your own pancakes. You have your choice of 4 or 5 types of batter and you can add toppings either while they are cooking or to the top. They also have menu items they will cook for you. We decided to do a combination and split pancakes and an entree. I ordered the pancakes with strawberries for me, bananas for her and chocolate chips to share and she ordered the daily special which was migas with toast and breakfast potatoes (I would go back just for the potatoes).

I took some fun shots of our pancakes on the grill, but the shot that turned out best was the one I took of the migas (which was delicious).

f4.5, Exp. 1/60, 70mm

No comments:

Post a Comment