Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 33: Power/Heather

James spent the last few years of his life working at Bonneville Power. So, I wanted to get a picture of one of the substations for today's shot as he tried numerous times to explain "the grid" to me and that was pretty much the only part I understood. (Trying to understand "the grid" in its entirety was a lot like trying to understand "The Matrix" to me. Both ended up with me confused and with glossed over eyes).

It turns out power substations don't make very interesting pictures so I took some of power poles and lines at various angles. I had better luck with those but in the end, my favorite was just this simple shot of a cord which was sitting like this on the table. It goes to a fan my friend was kind enough to bring over last month for bunco when my A/C went out two hours before everyone arrived.

f4.5, Exp. 1/10, 70mm

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it funny how we have the grandest plans for our pictures, but they don't always quite come out the way we hoped?

    ReplyDelete