Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day 106: Half/Heather

I thought about what to do for this all morning. I was taking the theme quite literally and wasn't coming up with anything I wanted to use. And then I had an idea, and sent Selina an e-mail that I may stretch the theme a bit.

This is definitely not my best shot and proved harder to get than I anticipated. It is half of the top of a quilt I inherited when my grandma died. I inherited it because I am the crafty one in the family. I got this piece and another like it but we never did find the material Grandma intended to use to finish it. So, 3 1/2 years later, it sits unfinished and in two pieces.

That is going to change, however. One of my closest friends just took up quilting so Saturday after we are finished volunteering at Schoolhouse Supplies, we are going to go to the fabric store so she can help me pick out some fabric to finish it. It will be cool when it is finally finished to have something that has both my and my grandmother's stamp on it.

f3.5, Exp. 1/60, 18mm

No comments:

Post a Comment