Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 133: Utensils/Heather

My initial thought for this theme was to just open the silverware drawer and snap a few shots. But then I decided to go for something a little different.

When my grandmother died in 2007, we had a garage sale to dispose of most of her belongings. Our day started off with a very persistent gentleman who was helpful with pricing but pushy in wanting to buy things before we were ready to start selling. He had his eye on some silverware and luckily before my aunt sold it to him, I noticed the pieces were engraved with the initials E. A. G. - initials belonging to my great-great-grandfather. As the official family historian, the pieces were entrusted to my care. Unfortunately, I didn't get a good shot of the initials but I like how this one turned out.

f4.5, Exp. 1/60, 70mm

No comments:

Post a Comment