Saturday, November 6, 2010

Day 129: Starts w/"L"/Heather

Even though I have used light for a theme before, I couldn't help using one of my lamps for today. I found this at an antique store several years ago and thought it was one of the ugliest lamps I had ever seen. And I loved it much to James' chagrin. He surprised me by going back to the store and getting it for me for Valentine's Day-but it came with the condition that I had to keep it in one of the non-public areas of the house where no one else could see it.

Part of what attracted me to it is the style of glass is very similar to the other two pieces I have. And I just really like ugly lamps. The teardrops are hooked on to brass leaves. The stem is brass and the brass part of the base has hearts along the outer edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment